SoundPrint Find Your Quiet Place Challenge 2022
The second annual SoundPrint Find Your Quiet Place challenge will take off in October to help promote hearing health.
This year over 30 hearing health organisations are collaborating with SoundPrint to promote this important health effort.
It’s easy to participate. Take sound measurements using the SoundPrint app decibel meter and submit the measurements to the app’s database. The collection of sound level data will enable SoundPrint to advocate for safe noise levels, help communities find quieter places, and protect the public’s hearing health.
There is a range of prizes on offer, and it’s easy to join the challenge.
- Download the SoundPrint App. To be eligible for prizes, register with your email
- Complete this form. Using the same email you used on the app
- New to SoundPrint? Watch this quick demo to learn how to use the app
- Measure and submit sound levels! Wherever you go.
- Compete to win prizes! Download this prize sheet to learn more
- Follow SoundPrint on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn @soundprintapp for live updates and to share your progress!
We are fans of the SoundPrint app here at BHA, and have used it on several occasions to find restaurants and venues that cater better to our hearing needs. It’s simple to use and you can find out more in our previous SoundPrint article: “Are you struggling with noisy venues?”.
At present, decibel meter submissions can be made on Apple smartphones and select Samsung models including 8, 8+, 9, 9+, 10, 10+, 10 Ultra, 20, 20+, 20 Ultra, 21 and 22 Regular, Plus+ and Ultra models only). Android users of other models can still take advantage of the app’s subjective rating functionality.