Aims & Objectives
Our aim is to improve the hearing health and wellbeing of all Australians impacted by hearing loss.
The objectives of Better Hearing Australia are to:
- Offer advocacy, support and connection for people impacted by hearing loss;
- Provide helpful information and advice to ensure people have access to the services they need including referrals where appropriate;
- Provide opportunities for consumers to improve communication and interpersonal skills through a range of skills-based and peer-supported learning;
- Support business, industry and Government to better meet the needs of the hard of hearing community;
- Promote opportunities for increased understanding and awareness of issues related to hearing loss in the wider community;
- Encourage the values of independence, self-confidence, caring and mutual respect in everything we do.
To achieve its objectives, BHA provides the following services:
- Advocacy, Support and Connection Service:
- Information, referral and advocacy
- Community-based hearing loss support groups
- Group programs to support communication skills building
- Peer Connect
- Business Support Services:
- Workplace Assessment and Training
- Hearing augmentation systems supply, leasing and installation
- e-learning hearing loss awareness training
- ‘Hear Here’ workplace training module for local councils
We are continually reviewing, improving and expanding our services.