Links and Resources
This is a list of links to other support organisations and resources.
If you feel we are missing a valuable link or resource, please let us know via our contact form.
Hearing Loss Advocacy, Referral, Information and Consumer Groups
- Aussie Deaf Kids: Provides information for parents raising a deaf child
- Australian Lions Hearing Dogs
- Better Hearing Australia (Brisbane): Provides support, advice and advocacy as well as training and hearing augmentation devices and services.
- CICADA Queensland: Cochlear Implant Club and Advisory Association
- Deaf Australia (formerly Australian Association of the Deaf)
- Deaf Connect (formerly Deaf Services and Deaf Society)
- Deafblind Australia
- Deafness Forum of Australia
- Hear and Say: Opening worlds for deaf children
- Hear for You: Mentoring Programs and Workshops to Deaf or Hard Of Hearing Teenagers All Over Australia
- Ida Institute: International organisation focusing on person-centred care, including a wide range of resources for people with hearing loss.
- RNID (Royal National Institute for Deaf People)
Hearing Device Funding & Subsidies
Hearing Aid Banks
Hearing Loss Related Conditions
Services, Devices and Tools
Assistive Listening Devices and Hearing Augmentation (alerting, sound reinforcement, hearing loops etc)
- LoopMe by Better Hearing Australia: Permanent and temporary hearing loops and hearing augmentation from LoopMe by BHA
- Phoenix Hearing Instruments – www.phoenixhearing.com.au
- Word of Mouth Technology – www.wom.com.au
- Media Access Australia
- Ava (App): Professional & AI-Based Captions for Deaf & HoH
- National Relay Service: Telephone solutions for the hearing impaired
Training and Education
Active Communication Education (ACE)
Online Hearing Loss Awareness Training
- Hear Here Online Course: Hearing Loss Awareness for Local Council Staff by Better Hearing Australia
- Hearing Loss Awareness in the Workplace Online Course: By Better Hearing Australia
- Read our Lips: Online lip reading course
Smart Device Applications
- SoundPrint: Measure and share venue and location sound levels with the local community
- NALscribe: Easy-to-use live speech captioning tool
- Tinnibot: Tinnibot is a virtual coach that integrates treatments that we know to be effective in tinnitus management.
- Ava: Professional & AI-Based Captions for Deaf & HoH