Our State Peak Body Role
We are pleased to announce that in 2022 BHA Brisbane was selected by the State Government as the Disability Peak and Representative Body for Queenslanders who are hard of hearing.
We share that distinction with Deaf Connect, who were selected to represent members of the Deaf and hard of hearing community whose primary language is Auslan.
“As a consumer driven organisation, BHA Brisbane has represented the needs of the hard of hearing community since 1946. This recognition from the State Government will enable us to have greater impact in the hearing health sector and provide a broader range of services to the community.”
– Tony Whelan, Business Manager
We will continue to provide the same advocacy and support services we always have, including:
- Consumer advocacy
- Consumer education
- Community Connect services
- Training and education for businesses
- Hearing Help Desk advice and information
- Hearing Access Program for those in need
- Hearing augmentation tools, products, and advice
As part of our peak body role, we will:
- Work closely with government, business, and industry to provide expert advice on issues affecting the hard of hearing community
- Promote community awareness, education and training information for organisations and the broader community to influence community attitudes and remove barriers to inclusion
- Provide news, advice, and referral information about support services available in Queensland
Our focus will always be to represent the hard of hearing community professionally and with the wisdom that only lived experience can provide.