Holiday Travel with Hearing Aids
Essential Items for Your Holiday Hearing Aid Travel Kit
Heading Off on a Trip? Don’t Forget Your Hearing Aid Essentials Checklist!
The last thing you want on a holiday while travelling is losing the use of your hearing aids. But it can happen, and the best way to avoid trouble is to be prepared.
Our checklist below will help you avoid the biggest issues and most common troubles people face when travelling with hearing aids.
Hearing Aid Charger
- Consider a backup charger/power bank for your travel kit.
- Note that some chargers may not be allowed in hand luggage on planes.
- Always carry extra batteries to ensure your hearing aids stay powered throughout your journey.
Spare Wax Guards/Wax Filters
- Be prepared with spare parts to maintain optimal hearing aid performance.
- Practice removal and replacement of domes for confidence during your travels.
Hearing Aid Brush
- Use a soft bristle toothbrush to clean your aids, keeping them in top condition.
- Include details such as make and model, serial number, and warranty dates.
- Note receiver, dome, and battery sizes used in your hearing aids.
- If using Lyric, have your Lyric ID number handy.
- Keep contact details for your home hearing care provider.
Hearing Aid Dehumidifier
- Carry a dehumidifier to protect your aids from moisture, especially in humid climates.
Stay Prepared and Enjoy Your Journey!
Remember to consult your hearing care provider for any specific recommendations tailored to your hearing aids and individual needs. Safe travels!