Donate your unused hearing aids
Hearing aids sitting idle in a drawer?
With 1 in 6 Australians suffering from hearing loss (that’s almost 900,000 Queenslanders!) we need to do everything we can to support those people.
While there are some government programs that support people with hearing loss, many people fall through the cracks.
That’s why BHA’s Hearing Access Program was developed. It gives those people who do fall through the cracks an opportunity to address their hearing loss at a lower cost than being fitted with new hearing aids.
BHA has partnered with several audiology clinics ensuring we have as much of Queensland covered so anyone anywhere can access the program.
But now we need your help. We desperately need quality, used hearing aids we can get ready for fitting for those who don’t meet the criteria of existing programs.
You can assist by sending us your unused devices.
How we use your donated devices
When you donate used devices to BHA they will end up in the ears of someone who desperately needs them in our community.
- We inspect and grade every donated device.
- Devices not suitable for the HAP but still usable are donated to international aid efforts.
- The device is fully cleaned and sterilised and, where needed, refurbished with new housing, receivers, moulds and tubing.
- Every participant receives a rehabilitative assessment including full case history, otoscopy, pure tone audiometry, speech audiometry and tympanometry.
- Our partner clinic programs, fits, and verify the devices, ensuring they suit the participant’s hearing loss.
- BHA provides ongoing hearing loss support and advice to ensure participants adapt to hearing with devices and get the most out of them.
How to donate your devices
You can donate your devices by dropping them off or sending them to:
HAP Better Hearing Australia
c/- Reception at The Bower
433 Logan Road
Stones Corner Q 4120
Christmas in July – Give the Gift of Hearing
“Christmas in July – Give the Gift of Hearing” is our major, annual awareness campaign to find much-needed devices for the program. However, there’s is no need to wait. You can donate your devices at any time using the address above.
Who is Better Hearing Australia (Brisbane)?
The Brisbane branch of BHA was established in 1947 by members of the local community who were hard of hearing and couldn’t find the support they were looking for. BHA Brisbane maintains this strong philosophy of self-help and draws on the value of lived experience in all its services – from informal, volunteer-led support groups to comprehensive workplace training programs.
We are a not-for-profit organisation registered with the Australian Taxation Office.