Hear Here Council Training Module
How does hearing loss affect your business?
Can your team improve your customer’s experience?
Better Hearing Australia, in partnership with Redland City Council, have developed the “Hear Here” learning module to support local council front-of-house teams to assist people who may have difficulty hearing.
The Hear Here Learning Module is a four-part, 20-minute learning module covering:
- Hearing loss – the invisible disability: highlighting the prevalence of hearing loss in society and how likely it is that local council customers will have issues with hearing.
- The sound of hearing loss: putting learners in the shoes of someone with a hearing impairment so they can empathise with and understand the difficulties some people face.
- Making a difference: tips and tricks staff can use to help improve the customer service experience of your clients.
- Technical solutions: a brief overview of some of the technical solutions councils may have access to to help with the hearing experience.
The learning module was developed with input and insight from Redland City Council staff to ensure appropriate sample scenarios were developed relevant to local council operations.
Hearing loss-related technical and medical inputs were provided or reviewed by a consulting audiologist.
Staff and customer recognition
Help customers recognise a hearing-friendly environment and staff by providing “Hear Here” lanyards to your trained team members.
By proactively identifying your facility staff as hearing trained, you encourage your customers to self-identify and gain access to a better experience.
Learning module package options
- Hear Hear Learning SCORM Compliant Learning Module files provided as downloadable file for self-installation and inclusion in your in-house Learning Management System.
- Licensed for unlimited users
- Starting pack of 30 lanyards and 5 posters
- BHA can facilitate access to the module on a per user basis if your organisation does not host its own LMS
- Fees include starting pack of 3 posters and one lanyard per requested user
The Hear Here Learning Module is a mobile optimised stand-alone SCORM 1.2 compliant learning module built on the Adapt Framework software.